Friday, July 10, 2009

Thanks much for all the Save the Date comments/advice. I'm definitely leaning closer and closer to Loverboy's stance on this ... even though I really really like designing AND paper products. Hrumph. (stamping foot and pouting)

Anyway, today's topic. Dresses. Broad topic, I know.
Here are some things I need to keep in mind about a dress:
1. I have two tattoos on my back. They're on the top, near each shoulder, and I want them to show. This usually requires a strapless or halter dress.
2. I have a large chest. Very large. It's not proportional to my body. A dress will probably have to be custom-made in reality. This also means a halter dress may not be the best idea ... unless I go with a specific type of halter (more on that type/style later when I remember what it's called - basically the halter straps are just there for looks ... but the dress goes straight across).
3. I'm tall. Not overly tall, 5'9" ... but I hesitate for a long dress because it will probably not be quite long enough unless, well, custom made ... and also because
4. I have nice legs. They're bruised and scarred in places but they're nicely shaped. Something I'm not ashamed of. At all.
5.But I kind of want a fairy tale dress ... that's pretty ... and long ... and makes me look fabulous.

So I've decided I want to dresses. A long one for the ceremony and a short one for the reception. I may end up just having the short one. But we'll see. We will definitely see. Anyway, I just found
Stephanie James Couture last week. And I love the dresses there.

Here are some of my favorites ... and they fit exactly what I want.



4 comments:

  1. I love these! Really vintage and cute.

    Also you can think about a dress that transforms into two dresses.

    My dress is long and then buttons off on the bottom so it is short for the reception...it sounds weird like those crazy cargo pants from 10 years ago I know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these as well! Especially the length- totally begging for some killer shoes!

    Oh, and I tagged you, if you are so inclined.
    http://datingdreamer.blogspot.com/2009/07/alright-alright.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally freadin love those dresses. esp. the first one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello beautiful dresses. I love the first one. Delish!

    Can't wait to see what happens.

    P.S. I'm also wanting one of those old sign letters in the background!

    ReplyDelete