Sunday, July 26, 2009

So, it's Sunday.
And I've made some new blog decisions.
I'm going to pick a topic. Each Sunday (or Monday if I'm late on the blogging thing because sometimes life just gets in the way). And the rest of my posts (hopefully no less than 3- I'l work on that) will be related to that topic.
Yay for changing things around.

This weeks topic - Guest Books

I like the different ideas for guest books that you see all over the internet instead of just having, a well, book for guests to sign. Things that include well-wishes and "recipes for a good marriage" are always fun. And simply names can be fun with different layouts (other than an ivory or white book).

And today I found this site that I adore which is probably old news but I'm okay with that.

It's allPopartwhich I found via i heart faces.

My first thought was "art for our future livingroom! how fun!" And then my brain wandered (which by now anyone who reads this knows is dangerous).




This one's my favorite. And there's SOOOOOOO much room to sign/autograph/write your John Hancock on here with several different colors of pens. Plus, it's kinda classy and sweet and romantic.



This. Would. Work. Wonderfully.



This, too. Would work perfectly. There's SOOOO much room to sign names here. Can you tell I'm digging silhouettes right now?



Too cute. It reminds me of the rehearsal dinner invites I saw on Wedding Bee that Mrs Gummibear made for Miss French Bulldog. And, hey! It's not a silhouette. Actually, it's very very far from it.





I really like the four paneled ones, too. Probably because they're typical Warhol-style fun. See. you can do full color or spot coloring. And you can even go for bright bright bright colors (which you can see on their site when you visit because I know you won't be able to resist now) or muted colors, depening on your mood. I would just hope people would refrain from signing on the bride's chest here.



nels is that I fear you won't have quite enough space for guests to sign their names if the canvas isn't big enough.



This is fun - not as much room for a signature or 100 but a white pen for the black/dark areas would be great. And it's sweet and romantic to me.



Thsi is really dramatic and fun. And depending on the color choice ... there's plenty of room for signatures here.



A nice scrapbook montage of sorts could be fun - include several pictures, maybe your announcement, etc. Again, maybe not guest-book worthy because of the words already on there. But it COULD work if arranged just right. I have faith.

Teehehehe. That's just fun. Probably not guest book appropriate. But definitely fun.



And finally, the American Gothic photo. I couldn't help myself. Definitely not the best for a guest book. But it sure is funny and cute. Maybe just for a decorative piece? Or first anniversary gift if you got a poster version?


Oh boy. That was fun. Aren't these great? I know I mentioned doing things other than just signing names for a guest book, that will come soon. I just couldn't resist this website. And yes, all of these came from allPopart and next to these wonderful creations, on their site, they have the original picture that was the basis for the pop art fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment