Friday, July 17, 2009

Engagement pictures.

Silly expense?

Invaluable?

What exactly IS their purpose?
I'm on the fence about this one ...
all I know is I sure enjoy tons of engagement pictures ...
Like these:


{thanks}

The balloon motif that is in sooo many engagement photos these days warms my heart. I love balloons. And I think they keep the vibe fun and relaxed.


{thanks}

I love the ideas of photos in a junk yard, at a car show, at the races, or at a car dealership, etc. because the first time Loverboy and I really "went out" was to the drag races in Maryland!


{thanks}

You can't deny the fabulousness of the silhouette effect in that photo. I mean, seriously.


{thanks}

This is just one of Max Wanger's amazing amazing photos that I love! I mean, their hands spell LOVE. LOVE people. le sigh.


{thanks}

I mean ... I love lots of the Broke Ass Bride's photos ... and I really really love the black and white concept. Her ultra-colorful ones are great as well!

So, all in all, I have trouble with the expense factor (though many of my friends are photography majors) but I love love love all of the diversity in engagement photos. There are just so many posibilities it hurts.

Did you get engagement photos? Or are you considering them? Just curious.

Dreaming of engagement (and the possible ensuing photos), <3 me

4 comments:

  1. I think the engagement photos are always a nice bonus that can be used in save the date cards or in my sister's case was used as their guest book. The photographer (family friend) included the engagement session for free in the package and people signed the oversized matte frame. They have the photo hanging in their bedroom now.

    If you can get the session thrown in with the wedding photo package or friends can do it for cheap/free then I think its a definite "To Do". Who could not want a bunch of beautiful professional pictures of theirselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours came with our photography package...if they didn't I am not sure if we would have done them. If nothing else it is model practice for us haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never understood the purpose of engagement photos until some pro photogs told me it gives them a chance to get to know their couple, the angles that are most flattering to them, get them comfortable 'acting natural' etc. Also, they find the couple more relaxed on the wedding day. Definitely see if your photographer can cut you a deal. The session doesn't have to be too long, can be at one locations - helps you save costs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should check the weddingbee classifieds, becasue there are photogs giving away free engagement shoots on there all the time! I took advantage of one of them :)

    ReplyDelete