Tuesday, July 28, 2009

See, my biggest fear with a guest book is that it will end up shoved in some trunk or tote or corner somewhere collecting dust and never being looked at or thought about. If that's the guest book's fate, why bother?

Something I think tons of people agree on, however, is that guestbooks with pictures are much more interesting to look at over and over. Especially when there's room for your guests to write a sweet little message. You know, then you have cute little anecdotes to read that will evoke that special little smile/grin while you look through the book.

And there are tons of ways to do a guest book with photos.


You can always try making a book with photos from your past, mementos from your courtship, or even engagement photos through MyPublisher, Blurb, Snapfish, etc.
Just check these out:





{thanks}

I really like this idea, using different things like ticket stubs, flyers, any memento to remember your courtship, etc. And I save all of that stuff. I have boxes and boxes of ticket stubs, stupid pieces of paper, postcards, etc. But not that many are from Loverboy and I ... we do stuff ... but we really haven't been together long enough to gather tons of stuff and by the time we marry we probably still won't have enough to put in a guestbook. Plus, I would leave room in between the mementos for people to write instead of just the page to sign ... I want memories! But this IS really cute!







I really love this one. Seriously - tons of room to write messages - pictures from their childhood (Loverboy and I have already looked at childhood pictures and realized that we have several of the same poses from our childhood and even some of the same toys and props), pictures from adulthood, pictures from courtship, etc. And I really love the introduction of the bridal party in the beginning with little blurbs about each person and then pictures throughout of the groom or bride with their respective parties! How fun!?!?!

I've also seen some fun guests books that have photos from the wedding:




This albus is from Adesso - it's a polaroid album which means we really won't have this option forever! There are little cut-outs in the pages so guests can just slip the picture in and write their cute little message. That way, they have all the room they want to write anything at all really. And guests can either take the pictures themselves or have somebody else snap it for them!


Well, I love photobooths, so of course I would think this one was cute! The bride got the photobooth pictures on disc and just pasted them into the album with the guests' signatures. I think I'd rather have a photobooth with instant gratification - but the album still looks great!
As you can see, there's a reason photo guest books are so trendy/fun. And I love pictures, mementos, photobooths - so these are oh-so-tempting. And cute. And adorable. And they also have some elements of the traditional Guest Book (you know, they're books ... guests sign paper ... guests could just sign their names).
<3

1 comment:

  1. i love the photobooth ones. they remind me kind of like yearbooks. if i can swing a photobooth, i'd definitely do that.

    right now, my back up is to collect a bunch of postcards and have people sign them and stick it into a photo album. and if i can bribe some friends into manning the guestbook table, i really want to take a picture of the person so i can attach it to their card later.

    ReplyDelete