Saturday, June 20, 2009

FinallyI stopped feeling bad about all my wedding blog browsing. Thank God. I was starting to feel crazy. Especially since I'm not engaged. Especially since Loverboy and I haven't been together all that long really. Especially since, well, I'm NOT THAT GIRL. Or at least I thought I wasn't. I guess you can surprise even yourself when it comes to weddings.
So the story goes like this -
Loverboy and I have talked about engagement. He fully intends to marry me after basic training. And I am soooooo on board. He's been in school and unemployed for the past six months until last week when a friend of mine offered him a job. Yay! It's not the best job, but it's something. So now hopefully we'll be able to get an apartment together soon. And maybe he'll be able to afford that ring without the basic training money. Because that money needs to go to our one-hell-of-a-party-love-celebration! Haha.
He's told me he's even thinking of ways to propose to me. He knows me pretty darn well so knows I want something big. Just like he knows I'm going to want alot of my loved ones at my wedding - I love people - I want them to share my happy moments with me! I think that makes sense anyway. But anyway - he offered to tell me the ideas he's had. And as much as I want to hear them, I don't wanna know - I already know the timeframe (ish) of the proposal but I don't want ALL of the details. I like surprises. I think.
I can't wait, basically. But I also can't help stressing out about all of this. A wedding. Me. Loverboy. Lots of money we just don't have. If I could have a huge wedding/party for $1,000 I'd be set. Of course, we like typical wedding things - warm weather to get married in, pretty venue, alcohol at the reception ... and these things tend to mean more money. And we're broke. Well, really, we're beyond broke. I pretty much don't see a penny of my paycheck in reality. And he just started getting paychecks again.
So I'm not engaged. But I will be. I'm broke. But I won't be? (yes, a little more hesitation on that one) and I just can't wait to be married. But I'm stressed. Yay for that.

So now that I've let you into my stream of consciousness ... I guess I'm out. But I wanted to thank all of the other pre-engaged girls that are blogging about weddings. At least I'm not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment