Thursday, August 6, 2009

I know I've been slacking
But life's been crazy.
I can only post so many posts about my dream wedding when it's so far away (though Loverboy thinks we'll be married by this time next year). I'm sorry, but I just don't see us getting engaged, planning a wedding we're happy with and won't put us in debt over our heads, and taking care of life's other things in that time. It's just not happening.

And life has thrown me all over the place in the past year to convince me that's probably true.
No, my life isn't the worst life that's ever happened to somebody. But the past year has been hard.
Saturday will mark my one year to the day that I went to rehab for a drug addiction and broke up with my boyfriend that at that point I was dating a year and a half. That's crazy.
28 days later will mark the day I got out of rehab and moved into a recovery house. And that boyfriend and I started hanging out once-in-a-while again.
Then a few weeks later I sprung the recovery house. Lived on people's couches for a while and didn't have a job.
Then, I moved into my mother's. I got a great job that fits me well even if it isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. I started paying all the debts off I drove up.
That boy and I half-dated but had an open relationship (which was an awful idea because I wasn't comfortable with it to begin with) and then I met Loverboy.

Yes, I met Loverboy during that open relationship phase. And I knew right away that I liked him more than I had ever liked anybody else.
I knew from the moment we locked eyes and he sat down next to me and told me I was pretty that I had to have him.
But our relationship has not been easy to say the least. We've had a mess. Soon after we started dating I found out I was pregnant. And guess what? It defniitely wasn't his kid ... so that was fun. I didn't carry the baby to term and that was hard but probably for the best and definitely what I was fated for.
And my car was totaled when we were driving back from a concert. So I've been without a car for a while now.

Like I said, not easy.

But Loverboy's stuck with me through it all. Seriously. And he's absolutely incredible for it. Seriously. I couldn't ask for anyone better.
We live an hour apart. So the time we get to see each-other isn't much. Especially since I found him a job and I work some weekends when he works M-F. Neither of us live alone so there's no sleepovers (or, well, very few) and it's stressful sometimes.

Enter his family's plans for this weekend. They are going on vacation. And they told Loverboy about it too late for me to join (and although his family likes me, I'm not so sure they really would be overjoyed for me to join them to be honest though he said I was welcome to come). He got off work and will be going. We thought they were leaving Saturday during the day.
But apparently they're leaving tomorrow evening.
I haven't hung out with him since Wednesday.
That means we won't see eachother for an ENTIRE week.

And when I realized that, I had to run to the bathroom and cry.
I mean, really sob. I had to stop myself from gettin sick.
It's the longest we've ever been apart.
When I told him how pathetic and emotional I was that I had to cry, he told me that he had told his parents last night when they unloaded this news on him that it was the last vacation he was going on without me. (yay!) He also told me he'd come see me tonight after his class. I can't wait. I just want to wrap my arms around him.
And possibly cry into his shoulder. I figure it will be the most bitter-sweet night we've had yet.
Eeek.

1 comment:

  1. wow, thanks for sharing that with us. i'm glad to know that you have turned your world around for the better :)

    and i'm sorry to hear that you'll be apart from loverboy for that long. i know how it goes. i'm actually looking forward to when the boy and i are only apart for a week. this long distance has to go. lol. here's hoping your visit [and subsequent reunion afterwards!] is more sweet than bitter

    ReplyDelete