Saturday, August 8, 2009

And resume.

I'll resume my normal posting. Sort of.

Last weekend, a family friend of ours got married. Which is great. I didn't go to the wedding, but my mom and stepdad did and had a great time. All my mom could do was talk about how beautiful it was afterward. Last night we looked at the pictures online (they were up already! what what?) and to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed. They paid $4000 for a photographer that I think took mediocre pictures.
That scares me.
Because to me, that's one of the most important parts of your wedding. If there's anything I'd splurge on, it'd be the photographer. And I want great pictures.

Then I remembered why we were looking at the pictures to begin with. Not just to see this friend getting married and all the details my mother talked about, but because another family friend is getting married in a few weeks (in a cute fun and small ceremony with a reception of people in shorts and t-shirts, fun!) and they asked my mom to take pictures for it. And she's getting nervous. Honestly, I think they'll love the pictures regardless - because my mother does have a good eye. But she's NOT a photographer. She has a point-and-shoot digital camera and it makes me nervous for her.

I know she has some great ideas, but I'm not sure she has the technical experience to pull it off. I showed her some pictures that were cool online and started her looking at some photog's blogs ... but I'm still not sure if she'll be able to see her vision through and I don't want her feelings to be hurt or her to be upset with herself or something like that ...

Any advice?

1 comment:

  1. Take A LOT of photos, more then you think is required and don't delete anything until you've loaded them on your computer for editing, as you never know.

    With a little photo editing you'd be surprised how professional some pictures will look. Does she have Photoshop or Photoshop Elements?

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete