Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about flowers at my future wedding. I think I'm pretty solid: no boutonnieres, maybe one daisy for each bridesmaid, none for the centerpieces ... and I'm not sure if I would carry a bouquet.
Why?
It seems like an added expense. And it wouldn't be awful - my Aunt's a florist - but it would be just one more thing to spend money on when Loverboy and I are BROKE (and right now ... it doesn't seem like there will be an end to that anytime soon).
But if I DO carry a bouquet it would be this:



And if I do carry this bouquet then my girls would DEFINITELY carry one daisy each ... and if I have any boys on my side ... well, he'd have to have one too even though I said no bouts. Haha.

What do you think? What flowers are you carrying? What made you pick those? Or are you carrying something other than flowers? or maybe nothing? Why?

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you about minimal flowers. However, I would probably do a clutch of white daisies for me (literally just a bunch of daisies with a single ribbon around it- none of the "lets wrap the stems so much you can't see them) and the bridesmaids would carry different colors of gerbera daisies, similar to mine. I don't think you need flowers for a happy wedding. Anything with a ticking time clock on it is just added hassle, which you don't need!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with you about flowers! Granted they are a very pretty addition however it can be very, very, very costly! I am always for the alternative centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete