Tuesday, September 29, 2009

He did it ...

Sunday night, while loverboy and I were house/dog sitting for my aunt and uncle, just sitting on the couch cuddling, he did it.

He looked at me, turned my head and said, "Will you marry me?" I almost died. Yeah, we've talked about marriage before ... yeah, we've talked about our wedding and the kids we want to have and our future ... yeah, I jokingly ask him "will you marry me?" when he does somethign super fantastic ... but he had never come out and just asked me. I was speechless.

And I think that made him nervous because I got "Well, I know I don't have a ring and all, but I want to get you what you like and deserve, and I just can't afford that right now. I'm sorry." I just continued to stare and told him that, quite frankly, I don't care about the ring that much (though it'll be nice when I do have one) I'm just all kinds of happy that he asked me like that and of course I will marry him.

I'm a bursting bubble of joy!


{thanks}

And, thanks to weddingbee, I know about this little gem. It's a free engagement ring stand in of sorts that Turtle Love Committe makes! How sweet, right?


7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! that's AWESOME!! congrats alishaneva! oh yay =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's exciting, no matter how it happens or whether there's an actual ring or not...VERY happy to hear that you're engaged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! You are no longer a pre-planning-planner! (Way to leave me alone in that department :-P )
    I'm really happy for you, though! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, a little belated but I've been away from the blogs for awhile!

    Now if only my guy would stop being so slow. I just told my friend today that I'm coming closing to pulling a Kate Hudson in Bride Wars and just yelling "are you going to ask me to marry you already!" :)

    Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too am a little late but just came across your blog! Congrats on your engagement! Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete