Monday, November 23, 2009

two birds, one dress?

Has anybody else heard of twobirds bridesmaids? If you haven't, check it out, they're awesome. My bridesmaids come in all shapes and sizes ... short, tall, thin, curvy...you name it, my amazing girls have got it. So finding a dress to flatter them all? Impossible. I don't like matching dresses anyway. I just don't.

As I was browsing the interwebs for fabulous bridesmaid dress ideas I stumbled upon these dresses. Basically, it's the same dress wrapped/tied/what-have-you different ways. So, the bridesmaids can choose the best style for them!!

Check out some of their options:

What a pretty teal! And a cool way to wrap the dress!


I swoon over these rosettes. How cute would these be with the flower girl in the tutu with rosettes? Can we say romantic?


The red here is just striking - and look at all the different ways the girls can style themselves!


This look would be great for one of my more-conservative bridesmaids. The sleeves are simply, pretty, and romantic!


I love this option because I would want to separate my MOH (more on that dilema later) from the other girls - because it's such a big responsibility and (in my opinion) honor!

*all pictures taken from twobirds website*

So - I love these dresses. I've been sitting on the thought of this post for quite some time. They come in any color I could dream of, can accomodate every girl's style, keeps my idea of matching-but-not-matching (are you still with me?) dresses, but have one problem.

They're priced at a minimum of $270. How can I actually expect my girls to shell out that much money for me? I know I sure as heck can't afford that. Even though the dresses are really practical and I'm pretty sure I'd let each girl choose her own color ... I'm not sure they'll go for this. Each of them has their own interesting disposition but only 2 of them could easily drop this money on a dress for my day.

So, I ask you, what's a girl to do? I love the whimsy, romance, and flexibility of these dresses ... but I just.can't.justify.the.price. Any other ideas ladies?

3 comments:

  1. These dresses are becoming very popular right now for sure...but at that cost, I know I could never ask my girls to pay that much. But maybe give them the option and if they say they can't swing it, then either you offset the cost for them or be a good friend and try to find something more economically friendly for the ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all so beautiful. But I heard j.crew is really popular...not sure what the prices are. what about heading to JC Penny or Target to see if you can find the same color or different color same dress? Right now would be good to go because of all the holiday dresses out. Or what about a dress barn?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are on a the pricier side but I've spent a lot more on dresses that I've never worn again. At least with these dresses, you can! How about going all black? Check out overstock.com too!

    ReplyDelete