Wednesday, November 4, 2009

May 14, 2011

That's our projected wedding date.
It coincides with our anniversary-of-sorts. Or, the day we both agreed on for our anniversary because we're just not the kind of people to know when it actually is.
I wish I could remember what day he first told me he loved me.
I wish I say I wrote in my diary the day he asked me if we should just date already.
But the reality is, I can't. I've never been good at that kind of stuff.
I probably wouldn't remember his birthday if it weren't exactly 7 days before mine.

So, we sat down and figured out that it was around May 13 that we officially started dating.
And that works for us.

So I'd like to get married around that date (I'd say on the 13 but it's a Firday in 2011 and Sunday in 2012 and I want a Saturday to be honest though this may change because of our smal budget).

This puts our wedding both WAY in the future and steadily approaching. I'm not in hyper-planning mode but I always feel like there's somethign I could be doing to get things going.

But all that has to wait until he asks both my father and stepfather for their blessings .... that way my mom is happy.

It sucks knowing you're going to get married, considering yourselves future husband and wife, and not being able to plan things for the future entirely. It's a very very thin line between being batshit crazy pre-planning and ultra-prepared planner.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on setting a date!

    As for having to change it because of a small budget I can tell you from working for a company that caters to weddings, there really aren't many deals if you do it on another day then Saturday, like there use to be. But maybe its different in your area.

    I would suggest think outside the box on venues to stay with in budget rather then stressing about having it not fall on a weekend:) Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete