Monday, August 31, 2009

Over the weekend I was perusing the wedding program my mom had.


The program was nice but it was like so many others I had seen - it had a religious/marriage image on the front, opened up to a list of the wedding party, the ceremony's events, and had a brief message on the back. Short, sweet, simple, but just lacking something to me.


We started talking about all of the different ways you can make wedding programs and I told my mom how I've seen several fan programs across the boards. I really love the fans for an outdoor wedding (which I'm determined we will have).


I love these:






{thanks}


{thanks}


{thanks}


{thanks}

I really like the idea of making a program useful ... but are they even necessary in the first place? I've seen some great programs that aren't fans, too - those will be coming later, don't fret!

2 comments:

  1. i helped my bestie make program fans for her outdoor wedding, and i remember seeing a lot of people using them.

    as for programs' use itself, i think they're nice but not completely necessary unless you're doing some things that aren't typically seen at weddings. i plan on incorporating a few korean wedding traditions so will be using a program to explain them. oh and to include directions to the reception venue following! because how many people actually remember to bring the directions with them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fan idea especially if you're having an outdoor wedding! Programs aren't necessary but they are fun to look at if you're a guest. I've seen ones where there have been word scrambles at the back so guests can have something to do while waiting for the ceremony to start.

    ReplyDelete