Wednesday, December 9, 2009

a spin on the traditional wedding band


I saw this ring in an Etsy email and immediately thought weddingband!!

For me.

For Cam.

I don't care, I just want to see it as a weddingband. I'm not convinced the band has to be ultra-perfect and pretty and thin and blah blah blah...

this particular one is by Etsy seller metalsmitten and is unfortunately sold out right now. but I have a feeling it will come back in time. Or you can find one elsewhere. Or maybe this would just be the coolest engraving ever.
Thoughts? Did you go for a traditional or different weddingband? What about engraving? Did you do it? What did it say if you did?

4 comments:

  1. I do not have a wedding band for me...my engagement ring *is* my wedding ring. Mr Fix It go a non-traditional ring in that it has some grooves in it and 2 princess cut diamonds in the center. Need to blog about that soon since we just picked it up. Anyway, I think that's a great little ring...very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a great modern ring! Mr. Milk is going for a more traditional style ring with a modern twist while I am looking at eternity bands. We'll see what we end up with for me as he bought his a few months back. No engraving so far, but have thought about putting our wedding date on there

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to admit that my fingers are slender and delicate enough to be adorned by a woman's wedding band from the late 1920s. It was plain white gold, and our jeweler customed engraved an orange-blossom motif (a popular Victorian wedding motif) all over my ring to match my wife's wedding ring.

    Yes. I'm a married, heterosexual man, and I wear a woman's ring.

    Ever, everso proudly.

    ReplyDelete