Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Favors?

What the heck should I give as a favor?

I don't even think they're necessary. I've discussed not having them at all.

If I do have a favor ... I want it to be something functional.

And not edible. Cake is edible. And I want a candy buffet but I don't want that to be the favor.

Anyway, I really am in love with these mini bubblegum machines from beau-coup! They're sooo fantastic. The Broke Ass Bride (aka Mrs. Meatball at Weddingbee) introduced me to these babies.



Aren't they fab? And I'm really into the aqua and red color combination ... and wow - look at that- they come in both.

They're a little pricey though. I realize $3 isn't alot ... but 100 guests x $3 a favor = $300 for favors people may or may not keep for a year. Hrm. Wouldn't they look cute with the candy buffet though?

I'm also considering these:



I saw them on Off Beat Bride a while ago - and think they're pretty swell ... but it seems like alot of work for something that will most likely get thrown away, not understood, and I'd really rather eat a fortune cooke. But we get back to the fact that I don't want to give totally edible favors.


{thanks}

But they're really pricey, too - the cheapest I've found is $5 ... I'm hoping maybe something like these will come up closer to my price range. Maybe they'll make a pocket apples-to-apples? Haha. It's Loverboy and myself's favorite game ...

Anybody else struggle with favors? Anyone have "unusual" favors? Anyone decide to go sans favors? Any other ideas?

4 comments:

  1. My favor was my candy bar with personalized stickers on the bags. I didn't want to do a true favor because I knew people would prob. throw them away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wedding Story is right...if you have cute little bags with the candy bar theres the favor right there...they can take it home with them! We're doing scratch off lotto tickets...probably the $1 ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I love WeddingBee and Mrs. Meatball and her BrokeAss Bride blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another message from me! I just saw that you posted a comment on my AllWomenStalk.com blog! Thanks! :) I dont think hats are for me either!

    ReplyDelete