Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Diamond Dash - we're selected!

A jeweler local to Cam's home is having a Diamond Dash.
The Diamond Dash is a city-wide,  high-tech scavenger hunt for a $15,000 engagement ring. All of the clues will be delivered via text message. It takes place on April 24th (if anyone is reading this from the Lancaster, PA area - it's not too late to enter)!

 The ring has a Princess of Hearts Diamond in it.



{thanks}


Do you see those diamonds? They have 80 facets. 80!! And an "ideal cut." Okay, I admit. These things really kind of mean nothing to me! But these things do make the ring pretty sparkly.

I'm so excited. Friends of ours told us they were participating and it seemed really cool but we figured it was too late to register. However, it is not!! Cam heard on his favorite radio station that they were still accepting applicants and my amazing boyfriend applied for it. I'm really proud of him for that. He submitted a picture of us and a reason why we should be selected.

When I asked him what he said for the reason why ... these were his exact words "Well I told them that I didn't think my girlfriend takes me seriously sometimes when I say I want to marry here. But the truth is we are not in a place financially for me to get her the ring she deserves. And some other ... stuff."

I'm not sure what the other stuff was but I guess it worked!

There are TONS of couples competing so wish us luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. oooh I am soooo keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!! I know waiting for the ring has been a pain for you, but what a sweet testament that your guys was willing to enter this contest. You will have to let us all know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete